Sunday, March 7, 2010

Still Plugging Away

As always, some ups and downs.

This week, I was scheduled to meet a really really good friend for lunch on Thursday. She lives a 3 hour drive away, and we both have our "issues," so as a result, we hadn't seen each other in a year and a half.

On Tuesday, we talked on the phone. She mentioned not having slept much the night before. To me, lack of sleep plus travel equals- she's going to have a cold. Ack. I canceled. By Thursday, I'd reconsidered, and I called her that morning to reschedule. It was so wonderful to see her. And bonus, she didn't seem sick! Good thing, since at one point, she sneezed into her hand and not two minutes later, gave me a hug (umm, gross.)

But alas, I talked to her on the phone yesterday, and not only does she have a cold now, she says she was sick on Thursday!! Ack, again.

In some ways it was the perfect exposure, I guess. I thought she'd be sick and met her anyway. I didn't realize she was sick, so I didn't have to completely freak out, but it still made me pretty nervous. I am a little bummed that my theory that bad sleep and travel guarantees a cold was validated.

But, of course, I didn't get sick. Which, by the way, what's up with that? I've been exposed to A LOT of sick people in the last six months, and nothing. It's weird.

Anyway, I did well with exposures generally this week. Had some really good ones both Friday and Saturday and managed to hold off showering. I'm still nowhere near where I want to be, but I'm inching my way in the right direction for sure.

Give me another 5 years, and I'll be awesome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment