Sunday, March 28, 2010

OCD Cliches

Normally I'm not a big fan of the cliche. But when it comes to my OCD, there are some that I find helpful. Most are not "OCD sayings," per se. More likely they are related to mindfulness or are used in some kind of recovery program.

Some that have been helpful to me lately:

Fake it till you make it.

The outcome is none of my business.

A jug fills drop by drop.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.


Okay, I realized how much I really hate trite quotes, cause I don't even want to press post, but I really do like these, so . . .

1 comment:

  1. I'd add "One day at a time" to this list--normally slogans irritate me, but this one is so pertinent to my life that it's eerie. My ocd so wants to know what will happen in the future with absolute certainty, and to "work it all out in advance" and this usually creates a lot of chaos.

    ReplyDelete