Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So Close

I'm in an interesting place. I'm actually feeling more anxious than usual, but the reason for that is that I'm doing so many exposures.

But I really feel like I'm this.close to making the cognitive leap to being able to just go for it on even more exposures, and truly take a "so what" approach to my feared consequences. The "so what" feeling that I can usually maintain for only about 30 minutes is coming more and more frequently, and I'm able to talk myself into more and more exposures.

The funny thing about it, though, is that knowing I'm so close but not quite there is both inspirational and really really frustrating.

Nothing to do but carry on, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on this combination of inspiration and frustration! I am walking that line between choosing the pain of OCD and the pain of treatment. . .

    ReplyDelete