Sunday, January 3, 2010

Reality Check

I've been saying for a while now that while I'm doing well with individual exposures, I'm still really struggling with the sense the something terrible would happen if I were to get sick.

I was thinking about this last night. My boss's treatment may last through calendar year 2010. Unfortunately, statistically, my aunt's cancer is likely to recur after about two years, and this could put a recurrence in early 2011, lasting who knows how long.

Am I really going to spend the next 2 years trying every waking moment to keep myself from getting a cold? That's not very realistic, and it also goes back to this idea that OCD can suck all the joy out of life, but only if I let it.

Now, if only these ideas could sink all the way in.

No comments:

Post a Comment