Monday, January 18, 2010

Anticipatory Anxiety

I don't imagine I'm alone in that the anticipation of something being scary is usually worse than the actual event. I find this to be especially true as I've tried to overcome my social anxiety. Every time I arrange to do something social, I get a fear in the pit of my stomach. Last night I finally made a list of about 25 people or events I'd like to follow up on this year.

After I made it, I looked at the list and thought, oh, I don't want to! Even though they're all things that, were I not anxious, I would totally love to do, and people I really want to catch back up with. As always, my work is cut out for me.

I signed up for another 8-week community ed class today, this time it's home repair. I'm looking forward to it, theoretically at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment