Tuesday, January 26, 2010

An Opportunity and Fear

About a month ago, I made a list of things I wanted to be able to do again. The list included the mundane (get the mail every day) to the less mundane (increase my social interactions, start volunteering again.)

In my last career- I'm on number 4- I was a non-profit grantwriter, and among my ideas for volunteering was grantwriting. I find it difficult to do these days, because I take it too personally when grants aren't funded. But yesterday, I learned that a local community health clinic needs a grantwriter for a month or so, mostly for one big proposal. It's a perfect opportunity, and a really scary one for my OCD. I would probably need to spend some time there, at the clinic, and I avoid doctor's offices like you wouldn't believe (well, if you've been reading this blog, you probably would believe).

So it's really a two-fold opportunity. A chance to do what I've wanted to for a while, and a chance for some exposure, too. Which means it's terrifying!

On a lighter note, I picked up the mail on my way in the door yesterday. It was all junk mail, but I was pleased nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment