Sunday, August 9, 2009

Made It Through the Weekend

My Saturday dinner got postponed till Sunday (not by me), but that was good as it gave me extra time to prepare. Everything went okay, but I always overanalyze. That's probably not a surprise. I'm terrible at making big meals. It always takes longer than I think, and I'm never quite ready when my guests arrive and it stresses me out. You'd think I would adjust for it, but I never do.

So I wasn't able to serve the raw carrots as part of an appetizer as planned, because I ran out of time. I should have prepared them way ahead, but of course I didn't. But it wasn't avoidance, it was just lack of organization, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Anyway, while everything was basically okay, and I'm glad I did it, I also don't have any "woo-hoo, that was awesome" feeling going on either. Oh, well. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment