Wednesday, June 9, 2010

OCD Makes You Stupid?

Actually, it just makes you LOOK stupid. Yesterday I stopped at the library on my way home. About a week ago I looked up a book I wanted and wrote down the call number, but I left it at home. I thought it should be in the knitting section, but it wasn't there. I didn't want to look it up on the computer system, because I didn't want to touch the common computer. The librarian saw me looking puzzled, and I muttered something about not remember where the book was, and umm, I wasn't sure how to find out (said while standing three feet away from computer with library catalog on it.)

She of course looked it up, and then walked me over to where the book was (surely thinking I wasn't bright enough to find it myself. Sigh).

Then she handed it to me. So, not only did I get to look stupid, I got exposed to all those computer germs anyway. :)

On a better note, I put my garbage can out last night despite my fears, and as we speak it's filling up with today's rain. I'm letting sit out there for a while for maximum exposure yuckiness.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, when I'm in the midst of ocd, I often feel rather dim witted. My therapist tells me that ocd is too unsophisticated and stupid to really guide me in life--it just wants its own way.

    ReplyDelete