Saturday, April 17, 2010

Well, that's the reward?

I pushed myself a LOT this week. I was feeling really good about it, and at the same time looking forward to the fact that I didn't have any obligations at all tomorrow, and it's supposed to be a beautiful day.

But my aunt has pneumonia and was admitted to the hospital today. I need to visit her tomorrow. Hospitals terrify me. Yes, I am 100% aware that this is a much much bigger deal for her than me. Especially since this is likely a sign that her cancer is back.

BUT, this blog is about me. And I have long not gotten along well with this aunt. We're not close, she's not very nice, and if she were less dysfunctional, I would probably never see her at all (I know that sounds backward, but her dysfunction means she needs support from people she mostly hates, me and the rest of my family).

So anyway, tomorrow went from being a happy reward for hard work accomplished, to just another stressful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment