Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Back on Track

Well, I was going to post a cool picture of my cat bite. He got me with 4 different teeth. But my camera is terrible, so you can't really see it.

Anyway, my rabies anxiety has waned.

And I'm getting back on track with my exposures. For a while I've felt like the floors in my house are contaminated. So I've been lying down on them sometimes. And at least once a day touching all the floors (except the bathroom) without washing my hands afterwards. Sometimes it's easier than other times, but I always forget I've even done it within a few hours.

This week my assignment is to add touching the bathroom floor to the mix.

Haha, the trouble with OCD is you can't really celebrate your victories with "normal" people: "Hey guess what, I touched the bathroom floor this morning!" Well, I'll be happy anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya about not being able to celebrate your victories with "normal" people. I have a contamination based OCD as well, and peeing in the woods was awfully hard for me. In fact, this weekend was the first time I had ever done it, and I was so proud of myself! Everyone else just looked at me like I was crazy...but hey, you've gotta celebrate small victories. Congrats on laying on the floors and ERP. You're farther along than I am! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, and thanks for your comments. Camping is a big deal for me. I used to do it all the time, with no worries at all. But that was pre-OCD. Now the thought of cooking out in the woods gives me chills (but I'll get there again one of these days). Congrats on peeing in the woods! I'd have been proud, too.

    ReplyDelete