Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another OCD Blog

It's always surprised me a little bit how few accounts there are online of people overcoming OCD. Or even dealing with OCD. Considering that everyone and their dog appears to have a blog. I know when I'm struggling with OCD, I sometimes just want to read an account of someone who has successfully gone through Exposure and Response Prevention treatment.

I can't quite figure out if once you're doing well, you don't want to dwell on your OCD anymore, or it there's more to it. In any case, I started with a new ERP therapist in January of this year. So, yeah, perhaps it doesn't bode well for me that it's six months later, and I haven't progressed too much. But I'm hoping the blog will add a little more accountability.

So, my next few posts will tell a little more about my history with OCD, prior attempts at treatment, and why I'm determined to make this work this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment