Sunday, December 4, 2011

Here's What I Did This Weekend

I stayed home. And it was an exposure. I visit my various family members every couple of weeks. But I will very often schedule it last minute, so I can assure myself that I'm not sick and neither are they. There was no reason to visit anyone this weekend, but we were all healthy and I REALLY REALLY wanted to call them and schedule and "get it over with." But I didn't. I called and scheduled for next weekend instead.

The challenge for this week will therefore be to continue on with life, rather than spending the week trying to avoid germs.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I resisted some pretty strong urges to reassure myself this weekend, too. Let's look forward to a good week ahead, doing what we know is right for our OCD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am continually impressed with all of the exposures you come up with for yourself....

    ReplyDelete