Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Not What I Expected

Today I went to a BBQ. I was quite worried about it until about yesterday. Raw meat, potluck food, some other OCD-related issues. In the end, I wasn't stressed much at all, but it was so BORING. I did not see that coming. It was a group of people who originally met online, and I'd met about half of them before. Those people I really like. But the other people were kind of awful. And loud. And boring. Worst part, the guy I've just started dating and I haven't told this group (who know us both) that we're dating. So we barely talked.

Well, it's a step in the right direction OCD-wise anyway. And a reminder that not everything works out as planned, and that's okay.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you can accept that "not everything works out as planned." That's something I that a lot of people struggle with from time to time, whether or not they have OCD. I know I have a tendency to deal with those types of situations in a very OCD way myself. To be okay with something when it turns out differently than expected is not always simple! Good for you. And congrats on handling the usual OCD stuff with minimal anxiety.

    ReplyDelete