Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting Back on the Horse

Longtime blog followers may remember that my dad and I have had NBA season tickets for a while now. A lockout that reminded us that NBA salaries are ridiculous, combined with some old-fashioned burnout motivated us to cancel the tickets just before this season started.

We planned to attend a game or two a month, however, but we hadn't done it yet. And I was amazed at how scary the prospect was to me. My dad isn't really safe driving at night anymore, so I'll be the driver. I became scared that I would get us in an accident (and how ironic would that be!) I thought about bedbugs in seats, I thought about germs around us. I thought about the disappointment we might feel if we picked the "wrong" game and wished we'd picked another. What if it was icy the day of the game?

But, it's all about running toward those fears, so we've got tickets to tonight's game. And the best part: I'm really really excited to go!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I hope it's a great time and "your" team wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great time and the game was exciting!

    Only my love for Harry Potter overcame my fear of the movie theatres- germ wise, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. I have a book coming out in two weeks when it should have been out months ago. I had cancelled the publication because the fear of ridicule and that I would be found out about being obsessive compulsive was overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete