Wednesday, January 11, 2012

So Tired This Week

My job has three major pieces. For the first time in the more than 4 years that I've been at this job, all three pieces came together with deadlines in one week. Combine that with the 48 hour headache that I had Monday and Tuesday, and I'm zonked. Yesterday, I kept wanting to just put my head down on my desk and sleep (but I didn't. :) )

Today was MUCH better. No snoozing at the desk, and one of the deadlines is checked off. I think I'll hit another tomorrow, and hopefully coast into Friday to finish off the third.

The really GOOD part of all this is that while I'm at work under these circumstances, I'm too busy for OCD. I've had some worries about next week's weather, and I simply haven't had time to contemplate it. So that's a plus. Just need to translate that into slower times at work, and I'd be all set!

Oh, and I wanted to add, the game on Sunday was great. Once I got there, all my contamination fears were fine. I used the restroom, sat near two people who sounded sick without discomfort, and touched everything I needed to. I had a little stress afterward of the "did it go perfectly" variety, but that passed quickly. All in all, a good experience. I just need to have more and more of these experiences to get over my anxiety about the the idea of them.

2 comments:

  1. Being very busy helps me push back OCD a bit too. Tuesdays are like that for me when I'm helping to layout and get the paper to press. I'm just focused on getting things done.

    I hope you get a rest soon though. At least Friday is in sight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE being busy too for the same reason...it helps distract from the OCD! I hate the stress that comes along with weeks like your's, but it's a trade off. I hope you had a good week and I hope the weather is good to you.

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete