Sunday, January 29, 2012

Research Survey on OCD and Relationships

The professor working on this study recently asked if I'd post information about the surveys here on the blog. You can learn more about her lab and research here, but the study links also have a lot of information about the research.

I just completed the survey for people with OCD. It took about 30 minutes. It included questions about your OCD symptoms, asked about possible hoarding behaviors, and had a lot of questions about emotions, moods and interactions with others. It did include some questions about traumatic experiences that you or people close to you may have experienced. I haven't really had any, so it wasn't traumatic to answer those questions, but it could be. The survey had a section on current romantic relationships. Since I'm not in one, I didn't complete that section and didn't actually think to look at the questions.

Researchers at Case Western Reserve University are conducting two online studies about the relationships of individuals with OCD or hoarding. Each study involves completing questionnaires online about relationships, emotions and OCD. You must be at least 18 to participate. Those who participate may enter into a raffle for a Target gift card. The information gathered from this study may help to improve therapies for OCD.
For more information:

Individuals with OCD and/or hoarding: http://filer.case.edu/~axp335/ocd.htm

Relatives and significant others of those with OCD and/or hoarding: http://filer.case.edu/~axp335/famocd.htm

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info......I'll complete the "relatives" survey now.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this, Ann. I'm definitely going to check out this survey. I've been living with OCD for the last 10 years, and I know it's a burden for my husband. I'm trying to work on cutting down my thoughts, and sites like http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-ocd offer some great advice. I'm going to start following you, as well. Thanks so much for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete