Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Oh, Oh, Oh

My street used to have a streetcar line. Now it has a bus line, but the street car tracks are still below the surface. Because it's a residential street, it's apparently not built to withstand all those buses, and the street is totally washboarded, and in some places, the tracks are poking up out of the street. There are potholes so big you could fall in (well, I may exaggerate, but it's bad). People on the street have been agitating for a repave for quite a while, and it's been clear from the recent spray paint "locate" markings in the road that the agitators won. BUT, now it turns out that not only are they repaving, they are taking the streetcar tracks out, too. It's awesome for the street in the long run, but it will take three weeks. Ugh. I mean, woohoo, three weeks of exposures!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! :) You can do it!

    If it makes you feel any better, I have my own unplanned exposures coming up! The new house that I just moved into with some friends apparently has a flea problem that was created by a former tenant. He and his 3 cats moved out, but the fleas stayed. We're having an exterminator come out this week (ick!)...I'm just praying they won't want to coat my room/house in chemicals!

    ReplyDelete