Sunday, August 14, 2011

OCD Irony

Funny how I go out of my way to avoid exposures that most people wouldn't even consider exposures (say, touching a door handle) and then I go and get an actual exposure because I'm just not that careful. As part of the precursor to my roofing project, today I installed soffit vents in my house. (not recommended by the way. It didn't take that long, but I'm exhausted!) Anyway, in two corners of the house, either a bird had built a nest, or random crap had just settled over the years. When I opened up the hole to add the vent, a massive amount of junk came out: sticks, insulation, roofing materials, wood, dirt and dust. Just a mess. And during the first one, I wasn't wearing even a minimal face mask. No eye protection either. Probably took 5 years off my life breathing all that in. Oops.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just impressed that you can install soffit vents..........could sure use you at my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that would have me in fits for an hour. You are brave! And as we both know - probably added to your life span, since it means less fear down the road, and less stress. :)
    Adventures in Anxiety Land

    ReplyDelete