Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Making the Right Choice Is Still Hard

Tomorrow there's a special movie showing that I really want to see. It will probably go straight to DVD, plus it won't be out until the fall. So I really should go. But it's showing as part of a convention, which totally pings my "all travelers get bedbugs" issue. Plus I'd be going alone, which will ping my "social anxiety" issue. I tried to convince myself I'll be tired tomorrow after work, that I can see it on DVD, that I might run into an annoying ex, that I don't really want to go. Fact is, I do. It's only a mile from my house, and it's only $5. It's been on my calendar for a month.

So I bought a ticket. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go. I'd be up to Scary Social Event #29 for 2011 if I do go. Update on Friday I guess!

5 comments:

  1. GO!!! Don't avoid what makes you anxious, you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're inspiring me! First of all - I think I've only been to a movie alone....once in my life? I say GO FOR IT!!! I am also relieved to hear for some reason that - even though - you're pretty much "recovered" from the throwes of OCD - that it is still a daily (?) thing for you....this - to me - is the whole reason for CBT/ERP treatment - to teach you how to live for the rest of your life with OCD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Hope you enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Canuck. If only I were "recovered"! But I'm certainly wandering down that road, a little further every day. As far as I can tell, those OCD thoughts hang around and around, you just learn the skills to kick them to the curb. Go us!

    ReplyDelete