Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day 2 on Lorazepam

Well, I woke up yet again with my "feeling of doom." I took a full 1 mg of the lorazepam. The pharmacist said it starts to work in about 15 minutes, but I don't seem to notice much for an hour. At this point, I just feel sleepy. I probably shouldn't drive on this dose, although on 0.5 mg, I felt sharp and normal.

I've read that you can't really do ERP while on a short acting anti-anxiety pill, but I'm not sure that will be true. While the "doom" lifts, I continue to be able to experience the more standard anxiety about most of the usual things I worry about. Maybe it's not quite as intense. I think for me it would be easier to do ERP to a low to moderate level of fear: it's like shifting the whole hierarchy down a notch. Seems like how so people describe the SRRI: making everything manageable enough to start the hard work of exposure therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment