Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Choices

Last weekend I had either a stomach virus or food poisoning. And while it made sense to stay home over the weekend, I find myself wanting to avoid people now, too. My sister is traveling with her family next week and I have a fear of still being germy and getting them all sick on their trip.

I've confirmed with several people that most people don't think this way that far after an illness (or even two days after an illness). So apparently I should visit my sister this weekend. Ugh, making the right choice isn't fun most of the time!

3 comments:

  1. It is hard to know what to do in a situation like this. It's hard for me to know where OCD thinking begins and ends sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it's not. I had a stomach virus myself last week and I had to go out while I was still sick cause we were working on a project at church that couldn't be postponed and I needed to be there. I hated it, but I felt I had no choice. As far as I know, no one else there got sick. But they could have. I had to make a choice. Don't know if it was the right one, but it was the one I made.

    Hang in there Ann. You are so brave. Good luck next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, I'm new to your blog but can completely relate to not knowing what is an OCD thought and what as a rational concern. I hope you have fun with your sister this weekend!

    ReplyDelete