Saturday, December 29, 2012

Trying To Head Off a Weekend of Rumination

A few posts ago, I wrote about a problem at work that had an unexpectedly positive resolution. Unfortunately, I still need one more approval to get the thing actually resolved, and that guy has been SLOW! I need to check in with him next week, and it's got my brain going a mile a minute! I started ruminating yesterday afternoon, and I haven't been able to stop. I'm off work until Wednesday, and the last thing I want is to miss out on the fun of days off while worrying.

Luckily I've got a lot to do, so I think I'll be able to avoid it. I sure hope so.

3 comments:

  1. I've been ruminating a lot on some problems at work, too, so I can relate. And I hate how it takes up time and attention that could be directed elsewhere. But you are strong, and keeping busy will help. Hang in there and enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh - I can't stand it when stuff like that happens!! It's like you just want a peaceful weekend, and the stupid stuff just keeps swirling around in your mind. I would tell stuff like this to my psychologist and she would always say, "Oh, that's great - what a gift - an opportunity to practice sitting with anxiety!" Sometimes I would feel kind of frustrated hearing that, but, I guess she was right. Hope your weekend goes well and that you get to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are able to enjoy your days off, and I wish you a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete