Sunday, June 17, 2012

Vacations Are Fun

Why do I never remember that? I fret so much before every one. Although I do have to admit that by Friday, I had moved on to 70% excited, 30% scared.

I went to Seattle this weekend. It was fun! I should go more often than every 4 years!

I stayed at a hotel and didn't tear apart the room looking for bedbugs. I did wash my hands more often than I probably should have, but I felt okay about it. There were still plenty of exposures.

Here's my view at today's Giants/Mariners game. Giants lost :( but it was still fun:


Here's the view while walking to the game:


I'd forgotten how hilly Seattle is. The walk back to my car nearly killed me. Then waiting on a ridiculously large hill through seven (yes seven!) cycles of a light in after game traffic nearly killed my brakes.

And finally, here's my first house, in the Seattle suburbs:



It looks pretty amazingly just like it did when I lived there. A few less flowers, slightly scruffier roof, and they cut down the tree that someone planted way too close the house. What amazes me about this picture is that GIGANTIC power line tower behind the house. It's in an easement directly beyond the back yard. I don't remember ever having OCD stress about those power lines in the 6 years I lived in this house, but whenever I look at pictures of it I wonder how that could be. For the best, though.


Anyway, I made it!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on having such a great weekend! Totally awesome. I'm really proud of you for fighting your fears.

    So many times, I have fought my fears and forced myself to do something and then I've had a great time because of it. That is the absolute beauty of Exposure and Response Prevention. You get to have your life back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to mention - I totally LOVE Seattle. My family and I spent a blissful vacation there about 7 years ago. We had a hotel room right next to Lake Union and we got to watch the sea planes take off every morning. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making it through the vacation, and I'm so glad you had fun! The pictures are great too--the view from your walk to the game is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! This is an awesome step for you. Keep doing it - again, and again, and again. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only did you make it, but you had a wonderful time. WOW!! I am so happy for you and hope you take many more vacations. I'm sure this great experience will provide you with the courage to do it more often.
    BTW, I lived in Bremerton, WA and I just love Seattle. My son married a girl from there (they live in Guam now) and I wonder if someday they will settle there. It is one of my favorite places in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great that you had such a good trip - I know how stressful any kind of travel can be! Looks like you had some great, weather, too, always hard to predict in that part of the world. Kudos!
    Adventures in Anxiety Land

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great trip. Congratulations on making it happen. Now I want to go to Seattle. I've never been :)

    ReplyDelete