Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back Down to Earth

Well, that's not quite true. I'm continuing to make some really good progress, peeing my way through the public restrooms of Oregon.

But for mostly good, and partly bad, L really seems to like to spend time at my house. It's killing me! I'll think, whew, done for another week, and he'll be like, how about I head up to your house after work on Wednesday? Which is great in theory, but then my anxiety kicks in. Today is Wednesday, of course.

On the plus side, every time he comes over, I try to pick one big wreck in the house to clean. Someday, he'll actually be able to see all of the house.

4 comments:

  1. Cheers for the pieces of your house getting clean. :) I know what a wreck that can leave you in emotionally. It sounds like this relationship with L is good for you - stretching your comfort zone a bit. I hope you don't resent him too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good chance for repeated exposure! Good for you for letting him come over despite your anxiety. Hopefully it will only get easier and you'll able to enjoy that time with him even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the work! Right on, Ann. Stick with it.
    Sorry if I missed an earlier explanation, but what is the cleaning issue exactly? Clutter, hoarding, cleaning to perfection? Whatever it is, doing it in small pieces sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, well, the cleaning issue is mostly that I'm just a slob! But it does have some OCD components- if something gets too dirty, I'm scared to touch it. For 5 years now, I hadn't used one side of my two-sided sink, and it was grody! I kept a drying rack on top of it that partly disguised its grodiness. I completely scrubbed it out last week, and the kitchen looks totally different. And amazingly, one I set to work, it only took about 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete