Sunday, October 9, 2011

What To Say

I hate going more than a week without posting. Several times this week I've tried to post, but there's just not much going on right now. I'm doing fine, although if I think too hard about it, I'm definitely not challenging myself much these days. But when I do the same old stuff, I'm doing great at not washing and mediumly well at not avoiding.

This morning I was going through old papers and I found my calendar from 2004. I still lived in Seattle at that time. While it didn't seem like it at the time, I had such a more active social life then. One or two social events every week, on top of volunteering 5-10 hours a week, as well as working 32 hours a week. I'm working full time now, and I do a few social things here and there, but I just don't have the same circle of friends now that I did then. Part of me wants that, part of me is sort content in my curmudgeonliness (I'm sure that's not a word!)

I guess if I grow to hate my isolation, I'll make a change.

3 comments:

  1. Karin says:

    Glad things are still going well with you. I find the less i give in to ocd the less it bugs me. So i hope that this cycle continues for you! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also miss my more active social life of the past. I'm starting to wonder how to change that - how to meet people who like what I like, etc. I've been depressed for so long I wonder if I even know how to make contacts anymore, now that I'm starting to feel better, and my anxieties are more under control.
    (is the futon still there? :)
    Adventures in Anxiety Land

    ReplyDelete
  3. The futon is indeed still there. At some point (months?!), common sense will dictate that I call it in to the garbage police, but for now, there it is. It's not really scaring me these days, although someone did suggest I do jump up and down on it. That does scare me. :)

    ReplyDelete