Friday, October 21, 2011

I Have a Cold

I've even taken two days off work! Yesterday I felt a little guilty, as a I wasn't that sick, but I'm sure I was full on contagious. Today, on the other hand, I feel rotten.

When I get a cold and nothing terrible happens, I keep thinking/hoping that my brain will finally learn that it's not a big deal. Unfortunately, so far what happens is this: ooh, I missed work. If I get another cold next month, I'll get a reputation as a slacker.

Or, well, I didn't pass *this* cold on to anyone, so next time I'm sure to.

In any case, I've been making myself go out and touch things in the world, and I will continue to do so.

4 comments:

  1. Awww....Hope you feel better soon, Ann. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I keep thinking/hoping that my brain will finally learn it's not a big deal." I sooooo understand that. I'm glad that I"m not the only one. I always beat myself up for getting anxious or still having a strong desire to do my compulsions - but I suppose that is part of accepting the reality of OCD - it's a lifelong chronic disorder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you (not the cold part, but the continuing to go out into the world and touch things).I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karin says:

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete