Thursday, December 23, 2010

Real Progress

I've been continuing to be able to do exposures that in the past I probably would have considered "too hard," including being around people who are sick without making excuses to leave an event early (it's still not easy, though, that's for sure!)

I've also realized that some things that used to really stress me out just aren't a very big deal anymore, including putting out the garbage can every week, whether it's raining or not. I've also had some success at alternately sitting with big pieces of anxiety, and being able to say to myself, yes that's a scary thought, but it doesn't actually have any significance and just pushing it aside and moving on with life.

Is my OCD gone? Not by a long shot. But I'm still feeling good, and it's awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That's awesome. I also like that you embrace your success and don't shy away from the progress you've made. That's something I still really struggle with!

    ReplyDelete