Thursday, June 4, 2015

Going a Mile a Minute

It occurs to me today that my brain has never before done what it's been doing the last 2-3 weeks: shifting worries in a flurry. I've felt this anxious before, but it's generally been over one overwhelming fear- when I discovered radon in my house, for instance, and couldn't get it fixed for a month. But now I'm just all over the place. I'm not sure what's different, or why. I have my first meeting tomorrow with a therapist who focuses on CBT and mindfulness, and I hope she's a good fit for me.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your new therapist works out well!

    My OCD has usually jumped subjects pretty quickly. I could switch from hit-and-run to germs to something i might have said to possible harm back to hit-and-run to running a yellow light to a phone call a few years ago and so on. Medication has definitely helped that. I still sometimes jump subjects quickly, but my anxiety is much less.

    ReplyDelete