Thursday, November 13, 2014

Feeling Better After Feeling Worse

One thing that's really surprised me about my retirement, is that my depression has ramped up. Another one of those surprises that really shouldn't be. One, my depression always hits in the fall, and two, now I just have more time to sit around and think sad thoughts. So there it is.

Today I just sat and cried for awhile, and I found it quite therapeutic. I have a great book on cognitive therapy and anxiety that I'm working my way through. The same author also has a well regarded book on depression. I'll be getting that one next. Blog posts on both to come.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

    I'm looking forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! Many people go through the same kind of feeling after retirement. It's important to continue to have goals to work towards, as I'm sure you know. And to stay social.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that I read this comment after writing my new post above, about my goals. Right you are!

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    Have you tried a SAD light or vitamin D for your depression?
    You might also try getting a TSH and T4 blood test for your thyroid.
    I hope you feel better soon. :)
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. I've tried the SAD light before, and while I think it worked, it also made me feel weirdly jittery. Thyroid is okay. I think it's just a November thing for me, as it's passed now.

      Delete