Thursday, July 17, 2014

Uncomfortable Sigh

A post over on Janet's great ocdtalk blog sent me scanning back through old blog posts. And (not for the first time), I'm reminded about how strong my OCD remains. All those years of dealing with exposures, and yet still spending most of my free time worrying about something.

I'm happy with the progress I've made, sort of, but in realistic terms, I'm still in about the same place I started. So many posts where I'd found the book that was going to change my life. Where I was absolutely determined to beat OCD once and for all. Wash, rinse, repeat (heck, I think I've even posted THAT before).

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I feel stuck sometimes, too, and unhappy with my progress. But we have to remind ourselves of how much more aware we are now of how OCD affects us, which is a huge thing. And then we keep on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you are being too hard on yourself? You've had so many victories; it sure seems as if you've made huge strides!

    ReplyDelete