Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Of Course It Went Just Fine, Plus a Bonus Exposure!

Lunch was fantastic. My friend is a great person, and we really have plenty to talk about. So as always, anticipatory anxiety was worse than the event.

And I even got a nice (and very successful) exposure thrown in. We went to lunch on Thursday. I don't work Wednesdays. My coworker works just over the cubicle wall from me. So when he arrived on Thursday, I heard, via his office-mates, that he'd called in sick the day before. Ack!

I was about to beg off, coming up with some (false) excuse about meetings/busy-ness/etc. But then I thought, nope, that's avoidance. If he's here at work, he's well enough that you can go to lunch.

And so I did! Once we were there, I wasn't nervous about him or his germs. Love it when that happens.

3 comments:

  1. Glad everything turned out well. And a bonus exposure is always extra practice. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Ann. Success all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're always so good about facing your fears. : )

    ReplyDelete