Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I'm Still Out Here

I've been working some on my OCD, having some successes, having a few set backs. A normal kind of time.

Much of my psychological energy has been taken up with preparing to leave my job. I'm down to about 3 months now, it's already the busy season anyway, and on top of that I'm working on the transition.

The good thing is that it's beginning to sink in that my successors' success is not my problem. I'm not convinced that my boss has made a great decision with the two people he's chosen to take on the two halves of my job. But there's no guarantee that a new hire from outside would be any better.

So I'll do some training and call it good. I've shed a lot of the anxiety that I had around it, now I'm just plain busy.

A lot of quiet blogs these days. I hope that means everyone's out having a great spring/summer. Drop a blog line if you feel inspired!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Ann--Good to hear from you. That's really exciting--only 3 months left! I think that's a wonderful attitude to have--to NOT worry about your successors' performance. It won't be your problem then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ann! Glad to hear from you. Time sure does fly, doesn't it? I've noticed a lot of quiet blogs too. I've not been writing as much either because I've been really busy (good busy) with several projects. I hope everyone else is ok.

    Good luck with getting ready to leave your job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happens after you leave your job is certainly not your problem...glad you've been able to let go of that anxiety. Yes, nice weather does lead to less blogging for a lot of people, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're doing well!! I've been AWOL lately - mostly because life has been good - but OCD has ramped up slightly these days and well.....here I am. I've been avoiding writing on my blog, mostly because I haven't had anything to say, but also because I feel guilty for "abandoning" everyone. I'll post something soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you. Glad that life is mostly good!

      Delete