Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Oh, Man

Today's exposure was not recommended. The neighbor's cat bit me. Now I'm sure I going to get rabies. I used to volunteer at the local shelter, and several cats bit me there. We were always supposed to tell a staff member, because they were required to quarantine the cat for 10 days. I never told, because that just seemed harsh, when the cat usually had given me some "warning" that I ignored (the cat did today, too. I guess I'm just stupid). For some reason I never worried about rabies at the shelter, and the wounds never got infected, either. But today, I'm worried. Chalk it up to the inconsistent nature of OCD, I guess.

In any case, the recommended approach is 10 days of observation; outside of observing, I think I'll be avoiding that cat from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment